Anastasia Fowle is a partner in the intellectual property team, based in the Milton Keynes office, and has a wide range of experience in both contentious and non-contentious areas including: intellectual property, commercial agreements, data protection compliance and audit, licensing, brand and reputation management and commercial strategy.
She initiates proceedings before the High Court, Patents County Court, OHIM, UK Trade Mark Office and Nominet and works with UK Customs authorities with regard seizures of counterfeit goods.
Fowle advises on a wide range of international and domestic clients active in the fields of automotive, motorsport, manufacturing, retail, food and drink, technology, film, fashion, and media. She often works on cross-border transactions for clients.
Her experience includes high-level and complex patent litigation, trade mark, design right and copyright litigation, interim injunctions, advising on domestic and international commercial strategies regarding the development, exploitation, compliance and protection of intellectual property, parallel/grey imports, data protection and privacy and other intangible assets including trade marks and brands, copyright works, design right, confidential information, ‘image rights’ and personalities. She also works with clients to resolve online and social media related disputes. Recent examples of work include:
- Acting for Red Bull GmbH in relation to its UK intellectual property matters. Recent High Court victory for client. Red Bull brought a case against Sun Mark Limited and Sea Air and Land Forwarding Limited for infringement of its ‘BULLIT’ trade marks, and for infringement of its famous trade mark for ‘RED BULL’. Red Bull was successful in both claims. (Red Bull GmBH v Sun Mark Limited and another  EWHC 1929 (Ch), 17 July 2012)
- Acting for Scuderia Toro Rosso in relation to contractual matter
- Acting for Red Bull Technology (F1 Team) in relation to commercial matter
- Acting for global motorcycle brand in relation to a serious breach of confidential information, which included an injunction claim against a well-known motorcycle publication; obtaining immediate removal of online infringement and achieving successful outcome for client
- Acting for leading motor racing championship in relation to dispute and potential injunction. Successful outcome for client
- Advising hi-tech engineering company with regard potential large scale commercial dispute. Successful outcome for client
- Advising global and multinational online retailers with regard parallel/grey imports
- Advising Swedish retailer with regard patent matter
- Advising various clients with regard counterfeit goods consignments and liaising with customs
- Advising and acting for VW with regard its UK trade mark matters
- Acting for McDonald’s with regard UK intellectual property matters, including online and social media issues
- Acting for LK Bennett with regard all its, designs, trade mark and all other intellectual property enforcement actions and matters
- Acting for well-known high street retailer with regard all its UK IP matters
- Acting for global electronics manufacturer with regard counterfeit goods and goods seized by UK Border Control
- Acting for well-known celebrity hairdresser with regard various matters
- Advising claimant with regard High Court action against Defendants for infringement of Community unregistered design rights and passing off. Acting for client as part of multi-jurisdictional action against chain of defendants (2008)
- Acting for global image licensing client with regard expert determination (2008). Successful outcome for client
- Acting for globally branded shoe designer (Crocs) in its ongoing infringement of its registered Community design right in UK, France, the Netherlands, Italy, Germany, Denmark and Sweden (2006)
- Advising leading global German car manufacturer on all IP and branding matters
- Advising global image provider in relation to all its UK IP matters
- IP advice with regard Danish IPO and US market offering of Danish biotech company
- Co-ordinated all IP matters for a cross-border purchase of two manufacturing businesses and the subsequent internal re-organisation of the same
- Drafting website development, hosting, and on-line terms of trading, privacy policies, security policies, distance selling and data protection issues
- Advising leading fashion designer and perfumery in relation to promotional campaign
- Advising luxury fashion designer in relation to a sponsorship agreement with Ford.
Fowle is the designated UK representative for many of her well-known brand clients with regard to counterfeit goods seized by Customs.
She undertook her training contract with Hewitsons and qualified as a solicitor in 2000. Having subsequently worked at US law firm Dorsey & Whitney (London) (2001–2008) she moved to join the intellectual property team at Shoosmiths in January 2009.
News from Shoosmiths
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from Shoosmiths
From 1 October 2014, three new pieces of safety legislation will come into force in the UK.
An employee or witness who is fearful of giving evidence as part of a disciplinary process can cause difficulties for an employer.
Analysis from The Lawyer
Compliance and corporate governance codes for large financial institutions will undoubtedly include provisions to regulate high pay in the future
There’s more to the ABS model than attracting the man in the street and procuring external investment. Partners at the big corporate firms, take note…