I have been editor of The Lawyer since 2000 and in that time have launched numerous products, such as our student title Lawyer 2B, the Hot 100, the Workplace and Diversity Awards (now The Lawyer Management Awards) and the UK200, our annual investigation into law firm finances, as well as leading the transition from a pure print title to a digitally focused product. My interests within the legal sector span from global law firm strategy to diversity and social mobility, and I also have long experience writing about corporate and finance transactions and issues facing in-house lawyers. I speak French and Welsh and I tweet as @thelawyercatrin.
- 020 7970 4637
Kirkland & Ellis debt finance partner Stephen Gillespie is leaving the firm to join Gibson Dunn & Crutcher, to become the Californian firm’s fifth high-profile recruit this year.
The leadership interview 2014: the dealmakers subscription
For a year now, The Lawyer has run a weekly interview with a law firm leader as part of our coverage of strategic issues facing the legal profession. Over the next two weeks we’ll be running the highlights from our interviews with the men and women who are shaping private practice.
Feeling the long arm of the regulators subscription
We finish 2014 with our analysis of the global litigation and investigations market – the Global Litigation Top 50.
- The bar is being raised in-house. Good. subscription
- Negotiating the middle ground subscription
- SJ Berwin: a promising afterlife? subscription
- Charlie Geffen: “I’d have loved Ashurst to do a US merger" subscription
- The choices facing Ashurst and Olswang subscription
- Leader: UK 200 redraws the legal map subscription
- Women, do it for yourselves subscription
- In-house profile: QBE general counsel Esther Felton subscription
- The US firms right at home in the City subscription
- Former Ashurst boss Geffen quits for Gibson Dunn subscription
- Freshfields scores a US touchdown subscription
- A game of thrones subscription
- Greenberg Traurig Maher lands Slaughter and May partner to spearhead UK tax practice subscription
- Roots of recovery are not so robust subscription
- Outflanked in this War of the Roses subscription
- Asia responds to a lighter touch subscription
- Culture vs risk: How to run a law firm in challenging times subscription