I have been editor of The Lawyer since 2000 and in that time have launched numerous products, such as our student title Lawyer 2B, the Hot 100, the Workplace and Diversity Awards (now The Lawyer Management Awards) and the UK200, our annual investigation into law firm finances, as well as leading the transition from a pure print title to a digitally focused product. My interests within the legal sector span from global law firm strategy to diversity and social mobility, and I also have long experience writing about corporate and finance transactions and issues facing in-house lawyers. I speak French and Welsh and I tweet as @thelawyercatrin.
- 020 7970 4637
Going public subscription
With even more budget cuts set to fall on local authority legal teams, innovation and creativity are at a premium if councils want to continue to deliver services. Luckily for the general public, local authority lawyers are stepping up to the challenge with wholesale reinvention – and look set to challenge private practice for key mandates.
Firms call competition into play subscription
Competition partner Paula Riedel’s departure from Linklaters to Kirkland & Ellis last week generated considerable reader interest.
Donny Ching’s first year as Shell’s global legal chief and why private practice must watch out subscription
Being a Shell lifer doesn’t mean Donny Shell is happy for things to be business-as-usual, and a panel review is on the cards.
- KWM’s resurgence will be built on real estate subscription
- Shell global legal director warns firms: work with us on pricing subscription
- Hot 100: management roundtable – Who dares, wins subscription
- Invest in operations professionals subscription
- Royal Mail: How to deliver change subscription
- Winning the Gen Y recruiting game subscription
- In-housers to the fore in our Hot 100 subscription
- Why the Cooley effect is one to watch subscription
- Why this is the year to push the rule of law, not the rule of power subscription
- Kirkland banking star Gillespie quits for Gibson Dunn subscription
- The leadership interview 2014: the dealmakers subscription
- Feeling the long arm of the regulators subscription
- The bar is being raised in-house. Good. subscription
- Negotiating the middle ground subscription
- SJ Berwin: a promising afterlife? subscription
- Charlie Geffen: “I’d have loved Ashurst to do a US merger" subscription
- The choices facing Ashurst and Olswang subscription