I've been associate editor of The Lawyer since May 2014, having joined the publication as City editor in 2007 before becoming news editor in 2008. I have an interest in the whole legal sector, from in-house and the bar to City firms and ABS, but particular areas of focus have included private equity, pensions, diversity and Scotland. As associate editor I am taking a more active role in research, looking in-depth at firms’ financials as well as particular countries and regions, such as India and West Africa.
- 07983 624197
Pensions – Don’t take pot luck subscription
April’s pensions reforms give UK pensioners wider choice but employers face greater responsibility over schemes. Firms must be ready with the right advice.
The head of Baker & McKenzie’s Asia Pacific practice is very clear on what it was that gave him the skills necessary to fulfil his current role: a spell in-house at telecoms company Optus (now Singtel Optus).
Scottish firm Gillespie Macandrew has revamped its management team to create the role of chief executive, with non-lawyer chief operating officer Chris West being first to fill the position.
- Freshfields returns to Linklaters for another Hong Kong partner hire subscription
- Scotland's Maclays adds Dana Petroleum GC to oil and gas team subscription
- Africa Elite executive summary: firm profiles subscription
- Africa Elite 2015: The new face of private equity in Africa subscription
- Malaysia’s Zicolaw adds IP weight across Southeast Asia network subscription
- Linklaters loses Asia US securities head Ludwick to Freshfields subscription
- Taylor Wessing Singapore member services arm prepares for IPO subscription
- Kennedys expands capabilities in Singapore with local joint law venture subscription
- Norton Rose Fulbright adds K&L Gates partner to Hong Kong base subscription
- Shepherd & Wedderburn's Stephen Gibb on post-Tods Murray optimism subscription
- Ashurst puts Asia focus on Japan with relocation of regional head subscription
- DLA Piper continues to bulk up in Asia with MoFo Hong Kong hire subscription
- HSF cuts debt by 21 per cent in first full year after merger subscription
- CMS paid £2.3m to prepare Dundas for takeover, LLP accounts show subscription
- China’s Dacheng raids Haworth & Lexon for six-partner team subscription
- Freshfields to pay £1bn to retired partners over next 50 years subscription
- India's largest firm Amarchand splits as brothers battle over equity stake subscription