I've been a senior writer on The Lawyer since May 2014, having joined the publication as City editor in 2007 and become news editor in 2008. I have an interest in the whole legal market, from in-house and the bar to City firms and ABS, but particular areas of focus have included private equity, pensions, diversity, Asia and Scotland. In my current role I am focusing on long-form features and research, leading on our standalone Africa Elite and Southeast Asia Elite market reports and contributing to our UK 200, Global Litigation Top 50, European 100 and Asia-Pacific 150.
- 07983 624197
Edinburgh-headquartered Shepherd and Wedderburn saw a marked improvement in turnover in the 2014/15 financial year, with its pre-packed acquisition of Tods Murray helping it achieve a figure of £48m.
Bangkok-headquartered Tilleke & Gibbins has continued its march across Southeast Asia with the launch of an office in Cambodian capital Phnom Penh.
Overseeing an IPO is a logistical headache for most general counsel. It can also be the most exhilarating type of deal to work on. Four in-house lawyers reveal the secrets of going public
- Michelmores throws weight behind launch of London- based PRC firm subscription
- Linklaters ousts Allen & Overy to top list of foreign India practices subscription
- Amarchand brothers launch separate firms after acrimonious split of family firm subscription
- ZICOlaw’s Jakarta member joins forces with Japanese firm to tap inbound FDI subscription
- Scotland's Brodies expands partnership by seven in bumper promotions round subscription
- Baker & McKenzie adds Grant Thornton partner to Yangon base subscription
- Pinsents' John Cleland: "there's a new person in charge" subscription
- Paul Hastings takes two partners from Fried Frank’s closing HK base subscription
- Norton Rose Fulbright picks up HK disputes team from departing Fried Frank subscription
- Bird & Bird adds BLP partner to Singapore corporate team subscription
- Australia’s Minter Ellison boosts Perth disputes team with Lavan Legal hire subscription
- Pensions – Don’t take pot luck subscription
- Baker & McKenzie Asia head Hambrett: be global, travel more subscription
- Scotland’s Gillespie Macandrew targets growth as it installs first non-lawyer CEO subscription
- Freshfields returns to Linklaters for another Hong Kong partner hire subscription
- Scotland's Maclays adds Dana Petroleum GC to oil and gas team subscription
- Africa Elite executive summary: firm profiles subscription