I've been associate editor of The Lawyer since May 2014, having joined the publication as City editor in 2007 before becoming news editor in 2008. I have an interest in the whole legal sector, from in-house and the bar to City firms and ABS, but particular areas of focus have included private equity, pensions, diversity and Scotland. As associate editor I am taking a more active role in research, looking in-depth at firms’ financials as well as particular countries and regions, such as India and West Africa.
- 07983 624197
Bird & Bird is to merge with its Australian alliance partner Truman Hoyle a year and a half after signing a co-operation agreement with the TMT firm.
The head of Clifford Chance’s Perth office is set to leave the firm for investment house Gresham Partners three and a half years after the firm that bore his name joined the magic circle giant.
Hogan Lovells has added the first partner to its Vietnam practice with the addition of an Allen & Overy (A&O) lawyer in Ho Chi Minh City.
- Baker & McKenzie names new head of Asian offices
- Pinsents names new Glasgow boss ahead of managing partner contest
- Switzerland: Peaked performance?
- Tods Murray: Death by real estate
- Trial firm Kobre & Kim converts to local practice in Hong Kong
- Shepherd & Wedderburn buys Tods Murray in pre-pack deal
- Malaysia’s Zicolaw eyes Asean dominance with Hanoi launch
- Special report: Turkey - Upgrade nation
- In-house interview: Emma Thomas, HomeServe
- Pinsent Masons' Foley: What I'll do in my first 100 days
- Top Scottish firm shifts cash to English banks ahead of referendum
- HSF names Henderson new SE Asia chief as Walter prepares for retirement
- Scottish independence: Nervous System
- Scotland’s firms hold their nerve
- South Korea: Losing its shine
- India’s Amarchand eyes expansion with Gurgaon office launch
- In-house interview: Ian Haslegrave, GC, Electrocomponents