I've been a senior writer on The Lawyer since May 2014, having joined the publication as City editor in 2007 and become news editor in 2008. I have an interest in the whole legal market, from in-house and the bar to City firms and ABS, but particular areas of focus have included private equity, pensions, diversity, Asia and Scotland. In my current role I am focusing on long-form features and research, leading on our standalone Africa Elite and Southeast Asia Elite market reports and contributing to our UK 200, Global Litigation Top 50, European 100 and Asia-Pacific 150.
- 07714 660938
A background in digital media, including running his own tech company, has helped Ned Staple guide Zoopla Property Group through an IPO and beyond.
Disability remains the most under-represented diversity strand in the legal profession, with fewer than 1 per cent of lawyers at the largest firms reporting having a disability of any kind.
Research for The Lawyer’s first-ever Diversity Audit has revealed that the proportion of partners at the UK’s top 100 firms who are women has stayed static at 22 per cent in the last five years, despite the introduction of aspirational targets by many firms.
- The UK 200 Diversity Audit – how inclusive are you? subscription
- The Lawyer names legal diversity champions as part of first Diversity Audit subscription
- Inclusivity is not ‘nice’ – it’s critical subscription
- Role models matter as profession struggles to embrace diversity subscription
- In-house interview: Ocado executive director, legal and business affairs, Neill Abrams subscription
- In-house interview: Belinda Bradberry, Cable & Wireless Communications subscription
- In-house interview: Dan Toner, Spire Healthcare subscription
- In-house interview: Ken Woodier, Pennon Group
- When management fails: a tale of Scottish law firm collapse subscription
- In-house interview: Ritva Sotamaa, Unilever
- In-house interview: Sean Martin, Financial Conduct Authority
- Harper Macleod expands Highlands and Islands reach with Shetland bolt-on subscription
- Seven more McClure Naismith partners secure new firms subscription
- Cable & Wireless Communications GC moots inaugural legal panel subscription
- Forty redundant as carve up of McClure Naismith gets underway subscription
- Scotland’s McClure Naismith finally calls in administrators subscription
- Burness Paull staff get 7.5 per cent bonus after strong 2014/15 results subscription