I've been associate editor of The Lawyer since May 2014, having joined the publication as City editor in 2007 before becoming news editor in 2008. I have an interest in the whole legal sector, from in-house and the bar to City firms and ABS, but particular areas of focus have included private equity, pensions, diversity and Scotland. As associate editor I am taking a more active role in research, looking in-depth at firms’ financials as well as particular countries and regions, such as India and West Africa.
- 07983 624197
When Indian firm Amarchand Mangaldas Suresh A Shroff & Co splits in two on 1 April this year it will bring an end to the history of one of India’s oldest and best-known law firms.
Wilson Sonsini loses Beijing head Li to Sidley subscription
The head of US technology firm Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati’s Beijing office has quit the firm to join Sidley Austin.
DLA Piper has begun to rebuild its depleted Asia practice with the hire of two partners and an of counsel, reuniting a group of former Jones Day colleagues in the process.
- Special report: Luxembourg – on the IP offensive subscription
- Scotland’s Burness Paull increases bank balance in year after merger subscription
- Linklaters loses Asia-based Carlyle relationship partner to White & Case subscription
- Bird & Bird consolidates loans in bid to reduce debt-servicing costs subscription
- China’s Dacheng merges with Dentons to create world's biggest firm subscription
- Fenwick & West adds Kaye Scholer partner to nascent Shanghai base subscription
- Norton Rose Fulbright continues to shuffle global energy team with Singapore relocation subscription
- Penningtons’ debt rocketed by 129 per cent in year of Manches takeover subscription
- LLP accounts reveal cost of controlling debt and staff for law firms subscription
- Shepherd & Wedderburn makes double arbitration hire from Crowell & Moring subscription
- Reed Smith launches Singapore corporate practice with Stephenson Harwood hire subscription
- Kennedys follows through on promise of Scottish insurance launch subscription
- Allen & Overy, Bakers and Clifford Chance best placed for “fantastic opportunity” in ASEAN subscription
- The Lawyer Southeast Asia Elite 2015: the executive summary subscription
- Belfast support centre helps Allen & Overy cut staff costs by £15m subscription
- Ropes & Gray benefits from DLA Piper’s continuing losses in Hong Kong subscription
- Final Bingham Hong Kong partner finds home at Mayer Brown JSM subscription