I've been associate editor of The Lawyer since May 2014, having joined the publication as City editor in 2007 before becoming news editor in 2008. I have an interest in the whole legal sector, from in-house and the bar to City firms and ABS, but particular areas of focus have included private equity, pensions, diversity and Scotland. As associate editor I am taking a more active role in research, looking in-depth at firms’ financials as well as particular countries and regions, such as India and West Africa.
- 07983 624197
Scottish firm Burness Paull strengthened its cash position by over £2m in the first full year following the merger of Burness and Paull & Williamsons, with the figure rising from £3.6m to £5.8m.
The partner who manages Linklaters’ relationship with private equity house Carlyle Group in Asia has left the firm to take up partnership at White & Case.
Bird & Bird consolidated its debt into one single unsecured facility in November 2014 just as the balance on two sizeable loans was due for repayment.
- China’s Dacheng merges with Dentons to create world's biggest firm subscription
- Fenwick & West adds Kaye Scholer partner to nascent Shanghai base subscription
- Norton Rose Fulbright continues to shuffle global energy team with Singapore relocation subscription
- Penningtons’ debt rocketed by 129 per cent in year of Manches takeover subscription
- LLP accounts reveal cost of controlling debt and staff for law firms subscription
- Shepherd & Wedderburn makes double arbitration hire from Crowell & Moring subscription
- Reed Smith launches Singapore corporate practice with Stephenson Harwood hire subscription
- Kennedys follows through on promise of Scottish insurance launch subscription
- Allen & Overy, Bakers and Clifford Chance best placed for “fantastic opportunity” in ASEAN subscription
- The Lawyer Southeast Asia Elite 2015: the executive summary subscription
- Belfast support centre helps Allen & Overy cut staff costs by £15m subscription
- Ropes & Gray benefits from DLA Piper’s continuing losses in Hong Kong subscription
- Final Bingham Hong Kong partner finds home at Mayer Brown JSM subscription
- India’s J Sagar chooses Ahmedabad for site of seventh office subscription
- China’s Gaopeng takes on high-profile Microsoft hire subscription
- Minter Ellison raids Maddocks for three-partner tax team subscription
- A&O, NRF, Pinsents and ShepWedd advise on funding of disputed road project subscription