I've been associate editor of The Lawyer since May 2014, having joined the publication as City editor in 2007 before becoming news editor in 2008. I have an interest in the whole legal sector, from in-house and the bar to City firms and ABS, but particular areas of focus have included private equity, pensions, diversity and Scotland. As associate editor I am taking a more active role in research, looking in-depth at firms’ financials as well as particular countries and regions, such as India and West Africa.
- 07983 624197
Malaysian firm Zicolaw has expanded its IP capabilities across the Southeast Asian region with the addition of a team in Thailand and additional personnel in Indonesia and Malaysia.
The head of Linklaters’ Asia-based US securities practice has quit the firm to join magic circle rival Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer.
Taylor Wessing’s Singapore member firm RHTLaw Taylor Wessing is preparing to list its professional services arm on the Singapore Stock Exchange’s secondary Catalist board, with a flotation expected in the first quarter of 2016.
- Kennedys expands capabilities in Singapore with local joint law venture subscription
- Norton Rose Fulbright adds K&L Gates partner to Hong Kong base subscription
- Shepherd & Wedderburn's Stephen Gibb on post-Tods Murray optimism subscription
- Ashurst puts Asia focus on Japan with relocation of regional head subscription
- DLA Piper continues to bulk up in Asia with MoFo Hong Kong hire subscription
- HSF cuts debt by 21 per cent in first full year after merger subscription
- CMS paid £2.3m to prepare Dundas for takeover, LLP accounts show subscription
- China’s Dacheng raids Haworth & Lexon for six-partner team subscription
- Freshfields to pay £1bn to retired partners over next 50 years subscription
- India's largest firm Amarchand splits as brothers battle over equity stake subscription
- Wilson Sonsini loses Beijing head Li to Sidley subscription
- DLA Piper bulks up in Singapore with hires from Gibson Dunn and Jones Day subscription
- Special report: Luxembourg – on the IP offensive subscription
- Scotland’s Burness Paull increases bank balance in year after merger subscription
- Linklaters loses Asia-based Carlyle relationship partner to White & Case subscription
- Bird & Bird consolidates loans in bid to reduce debt-servicing costs subscription
- China’s Dacheng merges with Dentons to create world's biggest firm subscription