I've been associate editor of The Lawyer since May 2014, having joined the publication as City editor in 2007 before becoming news editor in 2008. I have an interest in the whole legal sector, from in-house and the bar to City firms and ABS, but particular areas of focus have included private equity, pensions, diversity and Scotland. As associate editor I am taking a more active role in research, looking in-depth at firms’ financials as well as particular countries and regions, such as India and West Africa.
- 07983 624197
Scotland-headquartered Shepherd & Wedderburn has added the former head of DLA Piper’s Scottish construction and engineering group to its own construction and projects practice.
Former King & Wood Mallesons (KWM) partners Tony O’Malley and Tim Blue, who set up a Sydney boutique earlier this year, have joined accounting giant PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) to launch an Australian legal services arm.
Singapore firm WongPartnership has extended its South-East Asia footprint by sealing a strategic alliance with Indonesian firm Makes & Partners.
- KWM, Bakers and HSF have strongest brands in Asia, research finds
- Pillsbury taps Paul Hastings for Beijing office launch
- Harper Macleod joins forces with Bird Semple to create £23m firm
- Burness Paull taps MacRoberts for corporate partner Burns
- Aussie legal market sees slight rise in confidence but pay rises limited
- Linklaters, Allens and Squire Sanders lead on Myanmar telecoms investment
- TAGLaw expands network into Indonesia via Budidjaja & Associates
- In-house interview: Karen Kerrigan, Seedrs
- Mayer Brown taps Bryan Cave for five-strong Asia consulting team
- Blackstone silk seeks admittance to Singapore courts for JR battle
- In-house interview: Steven Webb, head of legal, Premier Farnell
- Serco appoints BT Global GC in wake of overcharging scandal
- Three more partners quit DLA Piper’s Asia practice
- Ex-HSF partner joins launch team for Bakers’ Brisbane office
- Special report: Romania – In a good place subscription
- Maclays posts positive turnover results to £43.3m after seven-year slide
- Malaysia’s Zicolaw expands into Laos