I've been associate editor of The Lawyer since May 2014, having joined the publication as City editor in 2007 before becoming news editor in 2008. I have an interest in the whole legal sector, from in-house and the bar to City firms and ABS, but particular areas of focus have included private equity, pensions, diversity and Scotland. As associate editor I am taking a more active role in research, looking in-depth at firms’ financials as well as particular countries and regions, such as India and West Africa.
- 07983 624197
Linklaters has supplanted magic circle rival Allen & Overy (A&O) as the international firm seen to have the most robust India practice, with the firm coming highly-recommended by clients and Indian firms.
The brothers behind dissolved Indian firm Amarchand & Mangaldas & Suresh A Shroff & Co have launched two separate firms less than a week after confirming the dissolution of the family business.
The Indonesian member of the ZICOlaw network has teamed up with Japanese firm Anderson Mori & Tomotsune (AMT) to offer advice to Japanese clients making inbound Indonesian investments.
- Scotland's Brodies expands partnership by seven in bumper promotions round subscription
- Baker & McKenzie adds Grant Thornton partner to Yangon base subscription
- Pinsents' John Cleland: "there's a new person in charge" subscription
- Paul Hastings takes two partners from Fried Frank’s closing HK base subscription
- Norton Rose Fulbright picks up HK disputes team from departing Fried Frank subscription
- Bird & Bird adds BLP partner to Singapore corporate team subscription
- Australia’s Minter Ellison boosts Perth disputes team with Lavan Legal hire subscription
- Pensions – Don’t take pot luck subscription
- Baker & McKenzie Asia head Hambrett: be global, travel more subscription
- Scotland’s Gillespie Macandrew targets growth as it installs first non-lawyer CEO subscription
- Freshfields returns to Linklaters for another Hong Kong partner hire subscription
- Scotland's Maclays adds Dana Petroleum GC to oil and gas team subscription
- Africa Elite executive summary: firm profiles subscription
- Africa Elite 2015: The new face of private equity in Africa subscription
- Malaysia’s Zicolaw adds IP weight across Southeast Asia network subscription
- Linklaters loses Asia US securities head Ludwick to Freshfields subscription
- Taylor Wessing Singapore member services arm prepares for IPO subscription