As news editor I'm responsible for the daily running of the website and all our news coverage. I also have a particular interest in European, African and offshore law firms. As a French speaker I have a particular interest in the French market, but am keen to hear from any Emea or offshore law firms with a story to tell. I previously covered litigation and the bar for The Lawyer and also have experience writing about the hedge funds market. I tweet as @thelawyerjoanne.
- 0207 970 4615
Dechert has announced the hire of former Weil Gotshal & Manges corporate finance heavyweight Laurent Faugérolas as a partner, almost three years after he quit law to set up a corporate advisory boutique.
Insurance firm Horwich Farrelly has announced the hire of seven partners and another 36 lawyers and staff from Greenwoods, the defendant insurance arm of Plexus Law.
Fieldfisher hit with €28k damages after tribunal rules it unfairly dismissed Paris secretary subscription
Fieldfisher has been ordered to pay damages and costs totalling €28,454 (£20,000) after a Paris employment tribunal found it had unfairly dismissed a secretary from its office in the French capital.
- Full details of Parabis administration emerge as Plexus sale completes subscription
- Cologne faces the axe as Freshfields merges Rhineland offices subscription
- Forbes Anderson Free and Lee & Thompson tie up to create £13.5m media "powerhouse" subscription
- Hot 100 alumni: Gareth Brahams, BDBF subscription
- Offshore special report: ‘City-on-Sea’ looks East subscription
- European moves: 12 November 2015 subscription
- Bakers launches South Africa employment practice with Cliffe Dekker hire subscription
- "Brave" DLA Piper teams up with LOD for flexible resourcing venture subscription
- Slaughters secures success for Olympus as SFO drops prosecution subscription
- Aviva and Linde GCs join stellar European Awards judging panel subscription
- This week’s top 15 legal briefings - 08 Noveber 2015 subscription
- High Court judge slams "cumbersome and inadequate" disclosure process in Kier case subscription
- Howes Percival acquires Taylor Vinters Cambridge real estate team subscription
- Gide absorbs ally's Paris office while quartet of associates quit for boutique subscription
- Former GTM restructuring head Norley joins Bowman Gilfillan turnaround group subscription
- HSF launches third German office with ex-Clifford Chance litigator subscription
- European quartet launch joint Frankfurt regulatory hub subscription